As the heat starts to engulf our summer days here in TX and the days just get longer and hotter with no prospect of being able to get out for a leisurely walk with the dogs, I try to look around the shop and start making myself stay busy inside. So, as I look around I start to make a list of all the spaces that I need to tackle to either organize, decide to give a fresh new look to or BOTH! My husband and I are fortunate to work side by side together at M.A.Designs, so he is a good eye and extra hand to help with my summer renovations.
For the first project we are starting in the office. It needs some new life to the drab space and some definite organization. During the summer I tend to adore lots of color but always with a touch of simplicity.
Simple designs are always a motto around here. To make a space redesign focused it's nice to break down the space with 5 categories of design that you want to focus on to make the space your own. I broke down into 5 categories that describe the perfect office for me. White, color, plants, brass and patterns. I want every inch of my office to be cheerful and inspiring, but balanced with minimalism and not overloaded. Just like a blank canvas, a few pops of color here and there, inspiring patterns, touch of brass and gold for light and a few plants for freshness will do the trick.
The fun part is, that when redecorating an office, you can get a bit crafty too! Below we have listed some perfect DIY projects that not only truly make the space your own by allowing you to create your own decor items, but also help you save a few bucks on the budget! So get creative, be bold and take charge of your summer office renovations with these DIY transformation ideas!
1. Besides all the office essential, it’s relaxing to have some fun decorations! I feel for this simple paper wreath, that would look just perfectly on any wall, or desk!
2. Who need post its when you can have your own mini chalkboard! And how sweet and rustic it looks on wood?
3. Putting washi tape in a good use! Cords don’t always need to be messy and white!
4. Watercolor, with bright colors paper tags, as color swatches to add some pop into your desk.
5. One of my favorite coasters probably. And so easy to make. Leather silver and leather gold.
6. Probably the most easy and fun DIY for an office. All you need to use is nail polish to give a new “breath” to your office tacks.
7. I would say yes to color dipped everything, especially a plant pot!